Crustless vegetarian quiche is easy to put tother and is very versatile. Eat it hot, eat it cold, eat it for any meal at any time of day!
Crustless Vegetarian Quiche
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp)
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 6 chopped broccoli florets
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Place oil to a large saute pan and heat over medium-low. Add onion, garlic, peppers, broccoli and tomato. Saute until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Spread vegetables in the bottom of a lightly greased 9” pie pan.
- Wisk together eggs, milk, spices and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in pie pan.
- Cover pan loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 425͒. Turn the heat back to 350͒ and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Hack: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Hack: Cut leftovers into serving-size pieces. Place on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer until solid. Move to a freezer bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!
Hack: Frozen or dehydrated vegetables can be used in this recipe.