These super easy pan fried chicken tenders are a simple favorite that will please the whole family! They pair nicely with honey mustard dip and french fries!
Easy Pan Fried Chicken Tenders
- 2 cups water
- 2½ tbsp salt, divided
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- First, make a brine by dissolving 2 tbsp salt and 2 tbsp sugar in 2 cups of water.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 strips then submerge strips in brine and allow to soak for at least 2 hours but no longer.
- Mix flour, ½ tsp salt, thyme, basil, oregano, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place cornmeal in a separate small, shallow bowl.
- In a third small bowl, whisk together milk and egg.
- Remove tenders from the brine and dry them with a paper or kitchen towel. Allow them to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Dredge each chicken tender in the flour mixture, dunk in the egg mixture and coat with cornmeal.
- Lay coated tenders in a single layer on a flat surface and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour 1” of oil into a heavy skillet and heat on medium until a drop of water sizzles when dropped in (5-10 minutes).
- Carefully place chicken tenders into hot oil and fry for 10-12 minutes, turning once. Tenders should be golden brown and have an internal temperature of 160℉.
- Let cooked tenders rest for 5 minutes before eating.
- Hack: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Hack: Chicken tenders can be cooked in the air fryer set at 400℉ for 9 minutes, flipping once.
Handle chicken with care! Click here for some tips to avoid foodborne illnesses that can be associated with raw poultry..