Cream, tomatoes and shredded cheese make this easy chicken alfredo pasta dish warm and comforting. Garlic bread rounds it out nicely!
Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta
(Courtesy: Melissa Warren)
- 3 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 scallions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 4 oz farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ Roma tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- Cut chicken into 1” cubes and thinly slice scallions.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, scallions and garlic. Saute until no pink remains in the chicken, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Return pasta to the pan.
- When chicken is fully cooked, turn the heat down to medium, add cream and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle flour into cream, whisking constantly to thicken the sauce.
- Add tomato and shredded cheese to cream sauce and heat until cheese is melted.
- Pour chicken and sauce over pasta and toss to coat.
- Hack: Substitute your favorite cheese and/or pasta or use whatever you have on hand!
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Suggestion: Serve with warm herb garlic focaccia bread!
Please follow and like us: