Pork chops with apples and onions is a one-skillet meal that’s quick, easy and bursting with flavor! This all-in-one meal is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Pork Chops With Apples and Onions
- 3 pork chops, 4 oz each
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 apples, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat then add the pork chops. Cook until browned (3-5 minutes on each side) and remove to plate.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to the same pan then add apples and onion. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with sage, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Whisk together broth and mustard and add to the pan.
- Slide pork chops back in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until pork chops are finished cooking and liquid is reduced by half.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
While an apple a day (all by itself) will not keep the doctor away, it IS a beneficial part of a healthy diet!
Suggestion: This dish will pair nicely with baked rice pilaf!