Take lunch to a whole new level with this fresh cucumber sandwich spread. It’s delicious served on simple white bread for a sandwich or with crackers as a dip.
Cucumber Sandwich Spread
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened (8 oz block)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Peel the cucumber and slice lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Shred the cucumber using the largest holes of a grater or mince it with a knife.
- Use a piece of cheesecloth or linen towel to squeeze excess liquid from the cucumber and place shreds in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder and pepper to the bowl and combine using the paddle attachment.
- Cover mixture tightly and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve on simple white bread for a sandwich or with crackers as a dip.
Did you know? Cucumbers are a great source of vitamin K and are high in water content to promote hydration and make you feel full longer! Check out the facts here!