Take lunch to a whole new level with this fresh cucumber sandwich spread. It’s delicious served on simple white bread for a sandwich or with crackers as a dip.
Cucumber Sandwich Spread
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened (8 oz block)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Peel the cucumber and slice lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Shred the cucumber using the largest holes of a grater or mince it with a knife.
- Use a piece of cheesecloth or linen towel to squeeze excess liquid from the cucumber and place shreds in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder and pepper to the bowl and combine using the paddle attachment.
- Cover mixture tightly and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve on simple white bread for a sandwich or with crackers as a dip.
Did you know? Cucumbers are a great source of vitamin K and are high in water content to promote hydration and make you feel full longer! Check out the facts here!
Please follow and like us:
6 Replies to “Fresh Cucumber Sandwich Spread”
HI, Cynthia, there’s always room for a new healthy recipe that will satisfy our palate. Health is such an essential asset in our lives; we should start early at home, avoiding as much as possible fats, starches, and other not-so-healthy foods. Now we quickly find it around the block; I’m sure I’ll be adding it up to my list.
Thanks for sharing.
Healthy eating is a process for sure but by gradually replacing unhealthy choices for better ones, we can make a huge difference in our own lives!
Have you ever tried substituting the cucumber with other foods? I’m not a big cucumber fan (nor is my hubbie), but I am thinking that jalapenos would taste amazing in this… I’m just not sure with the mayo. I’m assuming that you would remove the jalapeno seeds also. What are your thoughts?
The great thing about making things from scratch is that you can make it any way you want. I actually make a similar spread using garlic. I think jalapenos would be great and I’m going to give it a try! It would work well with or without mayo, a slightly different consistency would result. As for the seeds, this is where a lot of the heat is. If you remove them, it would be less spicy. Again, that would be a personal choice!
Jalapenos on this work very well with the mayo and you don’t taste it. All it does is loosen up the cream cheese so it is spreadable and dippable. If you like pickled vegetables try it with Giardianera, mild or hot. Just be sure to drain and rinse to get rid of the brine. Some find the taste off putting otherwise.
I think the addition of jalapenos would be great! I’m definitely going to try it next time. Thank you!