Penne pasta with tomatoes and peas is a vegetarian option that’s quick, light and super simple. This dish is a winner at any meal!
Penne Pasta with Tomatoes and Peas
- ⅔ cup uncooked penne pasta (2 oz)
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ cloves garlic, minced (1½ tsp)
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Stir in the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Add oil to a saute pan and heat over medium-low heat. Saute garlic for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add tomatoes, basil and parsley. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta, salt and pepper to pan, cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Did you know? Traditional “white” pasta has gotten a bad rap lately but there are plenty of healthier alternatives out there, either with carbs and without!
Suggestion: For a more protein-rich meal, add some Italian meatballs!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Penne Pasta with Tomatoes and Peas”
What a tasty looking dish! I love tomatoes and peas but never thought of combining it to make a pasta dish.
This dish is so simple to make that it will be just perfect to have over these the next few days. We are still in a busy holiday season. Thank you for this recipe!
Yes, I love these simple dishes during the times when our lives are so busy! I hope you enjoy it!
The dish looks very delicious. I am definitely trying this out. I am lazy when it comes to cooking but this recipe is so simple and packed with goodness. I am always looking for new ways to include peas in a meal to encourage my boys to eat them. I can’t wait to have the family try this out.
I love an easy meal as well and I hope this one will help your boys to appreciate peas! Thank you for your comments