The versatility of this simple roasted garlic spread cannot be overstated – simply use it anywhere you desire a creamy, bracing kick of garlic flavor.
Roasted Garlic Spread
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened (1 block or 8 oz.)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried chives
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp fried oregano
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Remove the outer skins of the garlic, leaving only the skin that covers the cloves.
- Cut ¼“ off the top of the garlic bulb so that all the cloves are exposed. Set upright on aluminum foil. Drizzle oil over the bulb, making sure that the tops of all the cloves have been covered. Seal aluminum foil over the bulb.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, until the bulb is soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the bulb from the foil, turn it upside down and gently squeeze garlic from the skins into a small bowl.
- Mix in cream cheese, salt, pepper and spices.
- Allow to rest for at least one hour while flavors blend. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Did you know? Garlic has many health benefits! Check out the facts here!
Suggestion: Try this tasty spread on a freshly made gourmet veggie bagel!