This fresh-tasting cilantro lime shrimp pasta brings together simple ingredients to make an outstanding dish that’s healthy and easy to make!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Pasta
- 4 tbsp butter (¼ cup or ½ stick)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 2 tbsp sauvignon blanc
- 6 oz whole grain spaghetti, cooked
- 8 tbsp butter (1 stick or 4 oz), softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for lime butter and set aside.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute, undisturbed, for 4 minutes or until browned. Flip the mushrooms and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- When mushrooms are uniformly browned, add shrimp, chives and cilantro. Saute for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp is opaque. Do not overcook.
- Add wine and lime butter to the pan. Continue cooking until lime butter melts and is thoroughly mixed with the shrimp and mushrooms.
- Toss with spaghetti and serve.
- Hack: Feel free to use your favorite pasta in this recipe or whatever you have on hand! Cooked rice can also be substituted for spaghetti.
- Hack: Canned or dehydrated mushrooms can be used in this recipe.
- Hack: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Hack: Shrimp can be purchased individually from the seafood counter at most grocery stores. They can also be purchased frozen in large portions if you wish to keep some on hand. Thaw needed amounts before cooking.
- Hack: Seafood can be thawed overnight in the refrigerator. It can be thawed more quickly by placing it in a sealed bag and submerging them in a bath of cold water for about an hour.
Did you know? Shrimp is a healthy addition to your diet. It provides a high amount of nutrients that aren’t abundant in other foods!
Suggestion: Tomato and shrimp salad is another great way to take advantage of the healthy benefits of eating shrimp!
Please follow and like us: