These easy homemade croutons are way better than store-bought and they toast up quickly in a skillet! Serve them over salads or in soup!
Easy Homemade Croutons
- 2-3 bread slices, day-old or stale
- 1½ tbsp butter
- Cut bread into ½“ cubes (about 1½ cups).
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Continue to cook, tossing frequently, until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Hack: Jazz up your croutons by adding ⅛ tsp of spice to melted butter. Use garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning or whatever spice you desire!
- Hack: Croutons can be stored, tightly covered, for 10 days at room temperature or frozen for up to 6 months.
While most consider croutons to be just a crunchy treat, they actually have some nutritional benefits!