Chinese Sausage with Brussels Sprouts is a quick and easy one-skillet meal that is nutritious and delicious. It’s also low-calorie and keto-friendly!
Chinese Sausage with Brussels Sprouts
- 6 oz Chinese sausage (2 links)
- 1½ lb Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2½ tbsp water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Remove casings from sausages and discard. Place sausage in a cold pan and turn heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently to break up sausage, until cooked through. Remove sausage from pan.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add Brussels sprouts. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom of the pan to keep oil from burning.
- Add water and continue to cook for another 2 minutes until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Add soy sauce, vinegar and sausage bits and toss to coat. Serve warm.
The Chinese sausage I use in this recipe differs from a traditional Lap Cheong, which is a dried sausage. The one I use is a fresh sausage seasoned with a Chinese-style sauce. It can be found in the meat department of your local grocery store by the Italian pork sausages.
If you’re a fan of Chinese-style sausage and one-skillet meals, check out this sausage and butternut squash skillet!
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Chinese Sausage with Brussels Sprouts”
Just wanted to stop by and thank you for this easy-to-do recipe.
I was looking for some easy-to-prepare food that contains Chinese sausage… I have seen some, but to me, this one seems like the best choice 🙂
Do you think I might ad some chili in there as well?
well, again thanks a lot and Buon Appetito! 🙂
I think some chili powder or a chili pepper would be great in this recipe as it would add a nice contrast to the sweetness of the sausage. I keep dried chili peppers on hand at all times so I’m going to throw one in there next time I make this. Thank you for the idea!
Hey there. I love to cook, and this recipe seems very easy and tasteful to make. Especially since my family loves Chinese food. This recipe you provided seems like something I can go get the ingredients for and make pretty quickly. Thanks for this yummy recipe, I will surely check it out.
This recipe is one of my favorites! It’s quick and easy to make and only uses one pan which makes clean up a snap! I hope you enjoy it as well!