Chinese Sausage with Brussels Sprouts is a quick and easy one-skillet meal that is nutritious and delicious. It’s also low-calorie and keto-friendly!
Chinese Sausage with Brussels Sprouts
- 6 oz Chinese sausage (2 links)
- 1½ lb Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2½ tbsp water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Remove casings from sausages and discard. Place sausage in a cold pan and turn heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently to break up sausage, until cooked through. Remove sausage from pan.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add Brussels sprouts. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom of the pan to keep oil from burning.
- Add water and continue to cook for another 2 minutes until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender. Add soy sauce, vinegar and sausage bits and toss to coat. Serve warm.
The Chinese sausage I use in this recipe differs from a traditional Lap Cheong, which is a dried sausage. The one I use is a fresh sausage seasoned with a Chinese-style sauce. It can be found in the meat department of your local grocery store by the Italian pork sausages.
If you’re a fan of Chinese-style sausage and one-skillet meals, check out this sausage and butternut squash skillet!