This lighter, brighter recipe for a classic side will be a hit with the whole family! It’s the best creamy potato salad you’ve ever had!
Best Creamy Potato Salad
- 1 cup cubed potato (one large russet weighing ⅓ pound)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup blue cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- ½ tbsp spicy brown mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp pickle juice
- 1 cup chopped tomato (1 large, ½ lb)
- 6 petite dill pickles or cornichons, chopped
- Boil potato cubes until tender but still holding together (5-6 minutes). Drain and add to a bowl, along with the chopped eggs.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix sour cream, mayo, blue cheese, onion, garlic, mustard, paprika, pepper and pickle juice.
- Pour ½ of dressing over hot potatoes and egg. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until completely cool, 60 - 90 minutes or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- After salad is done chilling, add tomatoes, pickles and the remainder of the dressing. Toss to coat and serve.
Many have come to think of potatoes as The Bad Guys because of their carb content but they are also packed with nutrition! They’re low in cost, can help regulate blood sugar and improve digestive health!