Creamy blue cheese salad dressing is my absolute favorite and this homemade version is so good and easy to make, that you’ll buy it in the store again!
Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp milk or buttermilk
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Whisk together blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, mustard powder, and salt. Use an immersion blender if a smoother dressing is desired.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors. The dressing will thicken as it sits.
- Store leftovers, tightly sealed, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Hack: Many grocery store delis cut and wrap blue cheese for the shelf. If you can’t find the size you’re looking for, ask a clerk to cut it for you.
- Hack: Blue cheese can be frozen but it will lose some of its creaminess and flavor.
Did you know? Cheese is generally thought to be bad for your health but eating blue cheese actually has some awesome health benefits! Check it out!
Suggestion: Serve this dressing over a classic wedge salad!
Please follow and like us: