This vegetarian spicy egg breakfast sandwich will definitely give your morning a jump start! It can actually be a fast and easy meal for any time of day!
Spicy Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp milk
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- 1 gourmet veggie bagel
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- Place a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Place a silicone egg ring in the middle of the pan and drop the butter inside the ring to melt.
- Crack the egg into a bowl, add milk, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and green onion. Whisk until egg and spices are well incorporated.
- Pour egg mixture into the egg ring. When the top of the egg mixture begins to set, remove the ring and flip it over. Cook until it’s completely set with no runny or wet spots.
- Meanwhile, split the bagel and toast until it’s light brown. Place a slice of Swiss cheese onto the bottom portion of the bagel. Top cheese with the cooked egg and the other half of the bagel.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Hack: Make sure the pan is heated before adding the egg mixture to the egg ring. This will ensure that the begins to cook as soon as it hits the surface, avoiding any leakage at the bottom of the ring.
Did you know? Despite the negative press that eggs have received in the past, they can absolutely be a part of a healthy diet!
Suggestion: Spread the toasted bagel with roasted garlic lemon aioli, if desired.
Please follow and like us:
4 Replies to “Spicy Egg Breakfast Sandwich”
I have never heard of a spicy egg breakfast sandwich, but it sounds really good! I like that it is simple to make and includes healthy ingredients. Your directions are very clear and easy to follow, and I enjoy some of your added tidbits and suggestions to make the cooking easier and tasty! I’m glad that you also included the calories and the servings amount because it helps those of us who follow a healthy diet know how much we are eating. I know a lot of people include that now, but it certainly is helpful.
Thank you for providing this recipe!
Thank you for your kind comments!
Yum, this sounds amazing! I am such a lover of eggs so I would go for anything that has eggs involved in it. This recipe has my name written all over it and I will be sure to try it out tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. Thank you for this wonderful post
Eggs are a simple, healthy and economical meal! Enjoy!