Parmesan crusted scallops are fast and easy to make. They fit nicely into a vegetarian, low-calorie, keto and/or gluten-free lifestyle. Round off this healthy meal with Asparagus with Caramelized Onions and Tomatoes!
Parmesan Crusted Scallops
- ¾ lb sea scallops (about 18 medium)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp dry white wine
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Rinse scallops and pat them dry. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and lay scallops out in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, wine, lemon juice, 2 tbsp parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and cayenne pepper. Set aside until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the butter mixture evenly over the top of the scallops.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake until scallops are opaque and have an internal temperature of 115℉. This should take between 20 and 30 minutes depending on the size of the scallops.
- Remove the pan from the oven and take off the aluminum foil. Sprinkle scallops with remaining parmesan and paprika.
- Turn the oven to broil and move the oven rack to the broiler position. Place the baking pan back into the oven and broil until the cheese is browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Suggested side dish: Asparagus with Caramelized Onions and Tomatoes
- Hack: Reheat leftovers in the oven for 5-15 minutes, depending on size. Microwave reheating is not recommended.
- Hack: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or tightly wrapped and frozen for up to 3 months.
Did you know? Scallops are considered to be one of the healthiest kinds of seafood!