Low fat, low carb, low calorie…this delicious zucchini summer squash saute has it all…or should I say it doesn’t? It’s the perfect side for any meal!
Zucchini Summer Squash Saute
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup grape tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium-high.
- Thinly slice the zucchini/yellow squash and add to saute pan. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, garlic powder, pepper and salt and stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until desired softness.
- Hack: Use this saute method with your favorite vegetables or whatever you have on hand! Cooking times may vary.
- Hack: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Summer squash is a seriously nutritional power-packed veggie. Check out the facts here.
Round out your low-calorie, low-carb vegetarian meal with parmesan-crusted scallops!